The Green Lawn Inn was located on Palm Avenue (now Andy Rosse Lane). It was opened and operated by the owners of Sanibel's Casa Ybel Inn and in addition to guest housing, offered eco-tourism adventure.
The Green Lawn Inn
First 'Tween Waters Cottage
Miss Fitzpatrick was the tutor for the Dickey children. Her cottage became the original building that started 'Tween Waters Inn in 1931 by Bowman and Grace Price.
Bellini's retaurant was opened in 1988 in Captiva, serving fine Italian food until 2001. It was located mid way up Andy Rosse Lane on the left side of the street.
Old & New Blind Pass Bridges 1955
This image feature the new replacing the old. The old wooden Blind Pass bridge between Sanibel and Captiva is quite a contrast with the new concrete bridge. In this photo from 1955 the new bridge is completed with exception for the approaches which will be pumped in by Gene Sander of Sander Yard.
This image is a 1966 snapshot of Timmy’s Nook. From 1952 to 1994 Timmy’s Nook was a renowned gathering place frequented by natives and tourists alike. In 1994, under new ownership, Timmy’s was rebuilt and became The Green Flash.
Cottages At 'Tween Waters
This image is the main cottage at 'Tween Waters in the 1930s. Grace price and her husband F. Bowman Price built the first cottage at 'Tween Waters Inn in 1931. They came to the island with their infant daughter Dorothy because of Bowman's poor health.